Merry Christmas! The long awaited day is here! I hope this merry day has been good to you so far, and many great memories are formed!
Usually after that HUGE Christmas lunch or dinner (or even breakfast) we normally don’t feel like a big dessert, well do i have the dessert for you then! It’s a combination of practically all my favorite desserts!
Lemon Curd and Raspberry Cupcake Pavlovas
From Donna Hay’s Celebrate Issue 54 Magazine
150ml eggwhites (approximately 4 eggs)
1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 1/2 cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
3/4 cup (205g) lemon curd
icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 150C (300F)
2. Place the eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar, whisking well, until mixture is stiff and glossy. Add cornflour and vinegar and whisk until just combined.
3. Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop meringue mixture into 12x 1/2 cup capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with paper cases.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 120C (250F) and bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and allow the pavlovas to cool in the oven.
5. Whisk cream until soft peaks form and fold through lemon curd.
6. Carefully cut tops off, fill with the lemon curd cream and raspberries and sandwich with tops. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Enjoy these Christmas goodies, they are even great for New Years Eve or a Summer dessert when guests come over!
For the last time this year, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Enjoy the company of family and friends and embrace this once a year celebration!