I always love a good snack.
Wether it be sweets, baked goods or even a handful of nuts, I’m your gal for the job.
Something that perfectly satisfies you when you just feel like something.
Nothing that a nice long stare into the depths of the pantry can’t solve. Pondering the possibilities of snacking combo’s to carry me through to dinner.
One of my absoulute favourites, the will never fail you is a nice, big bag o’ chips.
What’s not to love?!
The endless flavour options… Crinkle cut or Smooth… Corn Chip or Potato…
And lets not forget that beautiful crunch you get when chow into them!
I could rave about these bad boys all day!
Well, it’s time to switch my ravin’ to a slightly new and well loved genre.
The veggie chip.
Now THIS ticks all the boxes: healthy, flavoursome and totally nourish.
Upon eating bought veggie chips I thought, now wait a minute… these can most defiantly be made in the comfort of my own home! With my personal favourite flavours!
(It really seemed to good to be true!)
I made 2 batches, half with smoked paprika and the other rosemary – both made chips to be remembered.
So my friends, here it is, the cherished chip, now in a healthy and homemade form.
– 2 beetroot, washed and sliced thinly (mandolin can be used)
– 1 sweet potato, washed and sliced thinly (mandolin can be used)
– 4 potatoes, washed and sliced thinly (mandolin can be used)
– salt to season
– 3 teaspoons smoked paprika + more to sprinkle on top
– 3 heaped teaspoons minced garlic
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 1/2 lemon worth of juice
Garlic & Rosemary:
– 4 heaped teaspoons garlic
– 6 sprigs of rosemary
– 1/3 cup olive oil
(NOTE: this quantities can easily be altered to the strength of flavour that you want by adding more)
1. Combine the sliced vegetables and the ingredients according to the flavour you are making and toss to combine. 2. Lay the vegetables out on a baking tray in a single layer, making sure there is no overlapping. Top with extra salt if desired and for the paprika chips, sprinkle extra smoked paprika on the chips of an enhanced flavour
3. Bake in the oven at 200C for around 20 minutes or until golden on one side and turn them over and cook for another 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
4. Remove from the oven and eat and enjoy!
BEWARE: incredibly nourish and addictive
Don’t forget to follow Daisy and the Fox on Instagram for blog updates and everything fun and beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by!
DAISY AND THE FOX