As a result of much Summer Holiday (note the capitol letters~ Summer deserves this title) galavanting the bank account is truly dwindling.. and from some cafe inspiration I thought ~ “Why not bring the healthy delicious lunches straight to home?”. It is really tooooo easy my friends!
MOROCCAN PUMPKIN QUINOA SALAD
1/4 jap pumpkin, peeled & cut
3 teaspoons moroccan spice
olive oil to drizzle
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1/3 cup toasted almonds
1/2 cup sultanas
1 cup coriander
3/4 cup feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Place pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle over 1 1/2 teaspoons of moroccan spice and lightly drizzle over olive oil. Roast for around 20 minutes, then turn pumpkin, add red onion to the tray, sprinkling the remaining moroccan spice and adding another drizzle of olive oil. Roast for another 20 minutes or until pumpkin is gold and tender, and onion is soft.
2. To prepare the quinoa, add the quinoa and water to a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, and leave to simmer for around 10-15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Place the quinoa in a heatproof bowl.
3. For the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
4. Add the almonds, sultanas, coriander and dressing to the quinoa, and gently toss to combine.
5. Serve, and garnish with feta and coriander ~ enjoy!
Summer adventures wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the Moonlight Cinema in the Botanic Gardens, and yes, this healthy deliciousness sure did venture with us there, along with many a guacamole, bruschetta, cake… a picnic for champs some may say…